The following terms and conditions apply exclusively to this Competition and all participants in the Competition are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the same.
- This Competition is restricted to Ugandan residents above the age of eighteen (18) years only.
- Employees of East African Breweries Limited Group of companies (KBL, UDV, EAML, SBL, UBL), and any other supplier or third party directly involved with providing services during this Competition and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the Competition. Each participant, prize winner may be required to declare or affirm in a Form of Discharge that they do not belong to any of the restricted groups of persons.
- UBL reserves the right to seek verification of eligibility to enter and receive a prize under these Terms & Conditions. If, in UBL’s reasonable opinion, a winner is found to be ineligible, UBL reserves the right at its sole discretion to require the return of any prize already awarded, and such winner shall be disqualified.
4. The Competition is open to all Ugandan Citizens within Uganda and shall run from October 1st, 2023 to October 1st 2024, save for the individuals mentioned under Clause 2 above.
5. UBL reserves the right to change the Competition dates as it deems fit. Decisions made by UBL shall be final and binding.
How to Participate
6. To enter the competition, a participant will share an original meme and share on their Instagram, Facebook or twitter handles using the #TheMemesThatBindUs
7. The participant will be required to share a meme describing the different lifestyle elements popular in different Ugandan cultures as guided by the brand.
8. The post that receives most engagement will get a bottle of their favorite Uganda Waragi Flavour, shot glasses and a Uganda Waragi Card game they can play with their friends. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, cannot be exchanged for other prizes or for their value in cash and may not be transferred or exchanged.
Notification of Competition winner
10. The winner will be notified through the Uganda Waragi Social Media Pages . UBL reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the winner in line with the terms and conditions. If it is found that the winner was ineligible to the competition, he/she is disqualified and forfeits the prize and the next runner up will be contacted.
13. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, cannot be exchanged for other prizes or for their value in cash and may not be transferred or exchanged.
14. UBL gives no warranties on the merchandise. Winners agree to accept the prizes on an “as is” basis provided always, in the event that the prize specified in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason UBL may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
Special conditions on Prizes
- UBL shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect and consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained as a result of taking the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- UBL does not accept any responsibility for failure or inability of any Participant to win a prize.
Use of Personal Data
16. By participating in this Competition you are deemed to have granted UBL the right to contact you for further information.
17. By participating in the Competition, all participants shall be deemed to have granted UBL during the Competition and within two years after the end of the Competition exclusive permission to use their full names, photos, video footage and other details in such media as UBL may choose (including and not limited to the internet) in connection with the Competition and for future promotion and marketing purposes and that they shall further agree to participate in all public relations and marketing activities of UBL on such terms, as UBL may require and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
18. All the ownership and intellectual property rights in the footage and visuals taken of any participant, his/her family and surrounding on lookers pertaining to the Competition is and shall at all times remain the sole property of UBL.
19. Use of the materials stated above shall be at UBL’s discretion and UBL shall be entitled to disclose any of the participant’s details for administering the Competition as may be provided in terms and conditions herein and the applicable law.
Where applicable any data captured during the course of the Competition will be collated, accessed, processed, and stored wholly in accordance with applicable local Data Protection laws and Regulations.
Disqualification and Termination
20. The Competition is offered at the sole discretion of UBL and UBL reserves the right, to amend or vary these terms and conditions or to suspend/amend/terminate the Competition at any time.
21. UBL reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if they supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information, have failed to abide by the Rules and/or are in breach of the terms hereof.
22. UBL reserves the right to disqualify any participant if they are deemed to be acting outside the spirit of the competition and its decision shall be final.
23. In case any of these circumstances arise, notice shall be given by UBL the Uganda Waragi Social media pages. The notice shall be effective immediately or on such date as shall be set out in such notifications.
24. UBL reserves the right to terminate any participant’s participation in the Competition upon: -
- Detection of fraud or attempted fraud relating to the participant or their registration; or
- Breach of any of these terms and conditions; or
- Such circumstances as may be determined by UBL acting reasonably.
25. If participation in the Competition is terminated under any of the circumstances set out above, the participant shall lose the right to participate in the competition. In addition, UBL reserves the right to take appropriate legal action, as it deems necessary, and recover damages and other expenses incurred in pursuing such action.
26. All queries should be directed to the Uganda Waragi social media Page.
27. UBL, upon notification, reserves the right to amend and adjust the Competition format and/or timings as it deems fit.
28. UBL, reserves the right to amend the competition prize(s) as it deems fit at any point in the Competition.
29. UBL does not require you to send money, airtime or mobile money funds in order to participate or claim any prize in this Competition, and UBL shall not be liable for any losses or other damage incurred by any person who does not heed this caution.
30. Although UBL has used reasonable efforts to ensure that all information and materials relating to the Competition are accurate, UBL shall not be liable for any inaccuracy or errors in such information and/or material. UBL, its agents and sub-contractors shall also not bear responsibility for any loss or damage to a participant, whether caused by self or any third party, arising from: -
a. matters outside the control of UBL, its agents and sub-contractors including but not limited to force majeure events such as acts of God, epidemics, government and regulatory restrictions, computer viruses, power outages, etc.;
b. any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any machine, telephone network or system, service provider software or otherwise which may result in missing characters in the Competition packs, any entry being lost or not properly received, registered or recorded;
c. any unforeseen defects in Competition materials supplied or manufactured by third parties including but not limited to labels and crowns; and
d. Any acts of negligence by the employees of UBL, or any other service providers involved in this Competition or their agents, associates and contractors.
e. All errors and/or omissions related to this Competition and/or Competition products should be reported in writing to UBL within 7 days of discovery of the error or omission. UBL does not warrant that all errors and omissions can be resolved to the satisfaction of participants, or at all and therefore errors and omissions are exempted.
31. UBL shall not be liable to any participant for any monetary loss, theft or damage. Without limitation, UBL shall not liable to a participant for any direct or indirect loss, damage or expense regardless of whether the same arose from negligence, breach of contract, bodily injuries, destruction of equipment or otherwise, and regardless of whether UBL has any control over circumstances giving rise to the claim or not.
32. UBL excludes all liability to a participant for loss of profit, revenue goodwill or business reputation or special, consequential, punitive or exemplary loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the Competition.
33. UBL accepts no responsibility for the failure of any third parties to fulfill their contractual obligations in relation to a Competition.
34. The participants shall release and hold UBL free and harmless from liability excluded under these terms and conditions.
35. Any persons attempting to make false claims shall be prosecuted. Prizes shall not be transferable to third parties and they shall not be exchanged for other prizes.
36. All updated Terms and Conditions shall be available for inspection on the Uganda Waragi Social Media pages. It is the responsibility of the participants to review these Terms and Conditions. The participant’s continued participation in this Competition shall be deemed to be the participant’s acceptance of any changes to these Terms and Conditions.
37. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any terms and conditions printed or displayed on any marketing materials published or broadcast in any media (such as but not limited to the internet, television, radio, newspaper, magazines etc) relating to the Competition, the terms contained in these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
38. If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall not be affected.
39. These terms and conditions are subject to interpretation by UBL and any questions or disputes shall be resolved amicably by UBL and the participant through a mediation process.
Governing Law & Amendments
40. This Competition is organized under and governed by the laws of Uganda.
41. These Terms and Conditions are valid during the competition period and thereafter in connection with the issuance of Prizes unless earlier amended by UBL